1/4 cup flour or cornstarch
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 cups chicken broth, low sodium
1 lb. frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a frying pan, heat your oil, but don’t let it get so hot it smokes.
- Using a whisk, whisk in the flour a little at a time so that the flour and oil mix well and start to bubble.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth, and then remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture into your slow cooker and add the thawed broccoli.
- Add salt to taste, black pepper and garlic, stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until the broccoli is completely cooked.
- Stir in the cheese, 1 cup at a time, allowing it to melt completely before adding the next cup of cheese.