3 large potatoes
¼ lb. bacon, chopped into small pieces
1 cup of onion sliced thin
2 – 3 cloves of garlic sliced
Salt and pepper
3 tablespoons of butter
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 or 2 tablespoon sliced green onions
- Line a 6 quart crock-pot with foil (this will help keep your crock-pot clean).
- Slice potatoes in half horizontally, and then vertically. Slice quartered potatoes into approximately 1/4 inch slices.
- Line the bottom of the foil line crock-pot with a layer of potatoes, and garlic.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the layer of potatoes and onions.
- Add remaining sliced potatoes and onions season with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped bacon (you do not need to cook the bacon before adding to the crockpot), add 1 cup of cheese, and dot with 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Cook potatoes on high for 4 – 5 hours or on low for 8 – 10 hours. When the cooking time is done, top the potatoes with remaining 1 cup of cheese, and sliced green onions.